So I'm shopping a bit for something that has the best features of Inspiration and MindManager with OPML import/export, great PDF output, OS X and XP versions, and reasonable cost.
I'll update this post with my research. At the moment it looks like I should examine NovaMind and OmniGraffle and reconsider Inspiration. I may stay with MindManager -- it does run well under Parallels so I don't have to buy the OS X version.
Some good references so far:
- Open Thread: Mac Mind Mapping, and how you use it | 43 Folders
- MindMapping Weblog: I've added this to my bloglines list.
- google hits on all four: NovaMind, MindManager, OmniGraffle and Inspiration
- ATPM: ConceptDraw (2006)
- ATPM: Mindmapping Outliners (2004)
- Neuberg (Tidbits) on Novamind (2006-04-17)
I'm going to try it!
Update 12/5/06: ConceptDraw too! I never expected so many options.
Update 12/5/06b: NovaMind through an uncaught exception in XP within 5 minutes of downloading while I played with a sample file. Scratch that one.