Mozilla Firefox 188.8.131.52 Release NotesOS X 10.5 radically changed the graphics layer, so we should expect lots of rendering issues for some time. I suspect that Safari 3.0 will be a better choice on 10.5 that Firefox until Firefox 3.0 comes out. That should end the Rosetta dependence too.
* On OS X 10.5 (Leopard), there are known problems with some media plugins as well as Add-ons that contain binary components. Also, the tabs in Preferences > Advanced will not render properly.
* The "Close Other Tabs" action on the shortcut menu of a tab can fail with an error when more than 20 tabs are open.
* Some users have reported problems viewing Macromedia Flash content on Intel Mac computers. To work around this problem, users can remove or move the PowerPC version of "Flash Player Enabler.plugin from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins.
* Java does not run on Intel Core processors under Rosetta.
* There is no Talkback on Intel-based Macs when running natively or under Rosetta. The Apple Crash report program should launch in the event of application crashes.
Interesting note on Java. Client side Java is now hopping along on one leg ....