Now that Google is providing Exchange services for my iPhone it's time to move it again -- at least a part of it will live in Google.
This is a surprisingly gnarly task. I'm not sure what tools I'll use; I think I might end up doing some reconciliation work using Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Access 2007 because of the limitations of Address Book and FileMaker.
As I think this through, here's a list of tools I've come across for moving data from OS X Address Book (it exports VCF files).
- Filemaker vCard Creator: converts database records into a vCard file that OS X Address Book will import
- Address book exporter: Export as tab delimited. Fairly old, I'm not sure it works with 10.5.
- Address Book to CSV exporter
- Export Address Book: Multiple formats, about $15 or so
- A to G: Produces a CSV file suited to Gmail. Google recommended
Post a Comment