Andrew routinely violates Gordon's Laws of Acquisition.
This is good, and I thank his suffering spouse for her patience. Andrew is my one man research department. Today he brought me a great one.
Andy has assembled several pices into an obviously practical geek exercise solution:
- The Laptop Stand from from Pfeffer Industries: $35
- A camera tripod - thereby justifying purchase of a good tripod
- Netflix video-on-demand
- iTunes sharing (podcasts)
- A laptop (OS X needs Parallels or VMWare and XP to use Netflix's evil XP-only VOD solution)*
- A treadmills or eliptical trainer (Our ancient Nordic Track will, alas, strike the tripod).
* OS X users who are not current Netflix customers are probably going to substitute Apple video rentals, but note that the Netflix solution is a "freebie" for Netflix current subscribers. Apple video rentals cost money.
The key is the stand fits a rugged tripod quite well. Andy certifies it works in practice.
This might just cost justify our purchase of both an elliptical trainer and good tripod.