i41CXNote the word "HP" does not appear anywhere on this page or on the screens. It's just an "scientific calculator". Nudge-nudge.
Advanced programmable and expandable RPN scientific calculator with virtual thermal printer/plotter suitable for a wide variety of scientific, engineering, mathematical, financial, and academic applications.
- RPN logic with 4 element stack
- Powerful rich set of numeric and mathematical functions
- Time, calendar, alarm, and stopwatch functions
- 12 character display with alphanumeric capability
- User definable keyboard with support for overlays
- Expandability: four module ports provide access to additional functions (e.g. matrix operations, programmer functions, equation solvers, etc.) beyond the standard built-in functions
- Ability to download module files from the internet
- Program features: automatic line numbering, labels, branching, subroutines, interactive alphanumeric input/output, loop operations, indirect addressing, flag operations, and synthetic operations...
It cost me $8 to buy this. I might use the timer, and I might use the calculator every few weeks.
I bought it because sometimes glorious madness must be honored.
... Need to solve first- or second-order differential equations? Need to perform complex number operations and functions? Need to perform vector operations? Coordinate transformations? Number conversions and Boolean logic? Curve fitting? Solve time value of money problems? These are essentially the problems for which the HP-15C and HP-16C were developed. The Advantage Pac provides these capabilities to the HP-41CX. Thus, by loading the Advantage Pac and creating the appropriate key assignments, you can turn the i41CX+ into a virtual HP-15C or HP-16C!...Oookaay. And let's not mention the GPS tools.