I'm thinking very negative thoughts at the moment. Time to go to sleep.
Update: Others have noticed this. $#!$#!$!@%!%
Maybe Jobs should take some of his suspect stock option money and pay for some QA testing.
Update: Here's the main discussion. Tag update didn't work, move Library didn't work, now trying move and Consolidate (takes a long time, so maybe ...). Update later.
Update: Ok, it's fixed. Killer bug though. My iTunes library was in a folder titled iTunesMusic. When all was done the files were in 'iTunes Music'. I did the following:
- upgraded all tags to most recent standard
- used advanced settings to change location of all music
- use 'consolidate' menu item which had the effect of copying (so almost ran out of room on drive) all music from iTunesMusic to a new folder called iTunes Music in the parent folder I'd moved everything to.
- started OS X in safe mode to flush caches then restarted
- started iTunes, confirmed it was using iTunes Music.
- moved iTunesMusic to the trash
- Started Front Row which then locked up. Killed front row with cmd-alt-esc.
- emptied trash and restarted iTunes. (I think Front Row was still trying to use the files in iTunesMusic, which was in the trash.)
- Started Front Row again -- now it works.