Our Comcast promo rolloff happened today. Our 1st year rate with taxes, modem rental and hidden fees was $56/month. The post-promo rate was $93. I called to see what they’d deal — not much as it turned out. I have a bit of a speed boost and a few dollars off (how much is hard to tell, because the phone quotes don’t include the hidden fees).
They reset my service after the call conclusion — too bad I had an online transaction pending :-(.
I few tips ….
- when get voice mail prompt requesting purpose of call say: “lower my bill”
- you want to speak to “customer retention". I think I only got as far as “customer solutions”
- You can hit 1 instead of saying ‘yes’. Works better.
- I think you want to have an alternative service quote in hand before calling.
- Be ready to call more than once. The first analyst I spoke with passed me on to customer solutions and then my line went dead. Well, this is Comcast we’re talking about.