John's Digital Photography Page
I love my Canon G2. Really, the best camera I've ever owned, even better than my first camera, the ancient SLR Minolta SR2.
I'll be ready to part, however, if Canon delivers a G6 with:
1. The Digital Rebel's 6 megapixel CMOS sensor. I want the light sensitivity of CMOS.
2. An internal but seviceable 30GB drive. Why should I need to bother with memory cards?
3. USB 2 or (better) Firewire data transfer.
4. Internal 32 bit data paths.
5. JPEG2000 native formats.
6. The G3 body and general features. I like that camera.
7. Ability to take highest res photos with no shutter lag and 1/4 sec or less intervals.
Except for the last there's no real technical challenge to any of this -- Canon could make the camera today and sell it for about $900. So I'm hopeful I'll get it in the fall of 2005 for $500.