Picasa Web : Frequently Asked Questions
We hope you love Picasa Web Albums Exporter for iPhoto, but we won't be mad if you want to uninstall it. Here's how:* Quit iPhoto if it's open.
* In the Finder, open the Applications folder.
* Click iPhoto once to select it.
* Choose File > Get Info to open an Info window.
* Find the section of the Info window labeled Plug-ins. If necessary, click the little triangle for Plug-ins to see the list of items in that section.
* Scroll through the list until you find PicasaWebAlbums.iPhotoExporter. Click that entry to select it.
* Click Remove.
* In the scary alert box that appears, click Continue.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
How to uninstall an iPhoto plug-in
I had no idea there was an official uninstall, I'd previouslly opened the package and deleted inside the plug-in folder:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
thanks so much this helped a lot!
I love that you guys are completely open about information regarding uninstalling one of your products. But the best thing is, the post helped me uninstall other plug-ins that weren't useful, unlike your plug-in, which I do use. :-)
Oops, I just noticed this wasn't a Google Blog. Still, very useful information.
No problem :-).
It seems that the user needs to be logged in with and Administrator account. This will not work with Standard account.
I downloaded a plug-in from shutterfly.com for iphoto and I didn't realize I didn't have the proper version so iphoto wouldn't even open. I followed your instructions and deleted the shutterfly plug-in and PRESTO! it iphoto works again. Thank you so much!
Post a Comment